How to use Kaukoputki portal
Welcome to Kaukokiito’s Kaukoputki portal! Here you can order transport, track and trace your shipments, use the timetable search and the pricing calculator as well as manage your own addressbook and account. The instructions guide you in the use of the portal.
Kaukokiito’s online services assist the transport customers in the use of Kaukoputki: tel. +358 10 510 1700, email@example.com
Register to Kaukoputki
You can easily register as a Kaukoputki user here.
Start by selecting your registration type, i.e. are you registering as a sending corporate customer or as a recipient customer. A recipient customer can be a company or a private individual.
Register with the service by filling in the information of the form. Information marked with an asterisk is mandatory. After completing the information, you will receive an e-mail via which you can set your own password. The e-mail is sent from the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kaukoputki credentials are activated by Kaukokiitos’s online services within 24 hours or on the following business day after signing up. They are activated manually by Kaukokiito or the company’s Admin User so that we can verify the accuracy of the information provided.
Fill in the fields of the registration form
- Username: You may choose your own username, max. 250 characters. Using the e-mail address as a username is allowed. Please note that, for example, the personal identity code may not be used as a username.
- E-mail: Max 250 characters. The same e-mail address can be used only once in the registration with the portal.
- First name and last name: the contact person’s information is provided in the order.
- Address: the address information of the company, max. 50 characters.
- Phone number: the contact person’s telephone number.
- Country: the country code is automatically determined based on the city.
- Company: the name of the company, max. 50 characters.
- Business ID: max. 20 characters
- Contract No: max. 100 characters, more numbers can be added by separating them with a comma.
Entering the business ID and/or a contract id upon registration makes the username activation faster. If your company does not yet have a contract id, you will receive it from Kaukokiito.
When all required information is correct, click the “Register” button in the bottom of the form. The registration request will be handled by Kaukokiito, and the confirmation on the activation of usernames is sent by e-mail.
The registration of a new (sub-)user takes place with the same form. Then the confirmation requests are shown under the username of the company’s Admin User.
Register to the service by filling in the form. Information marked with an asterisk is mandatory. After registration, you will get an SMS with a validation code that you must enter in the validation code field. The code is valid for 5 minutes. Your ID will be activated after entering the validation code, and you will receive an email to set your password. The email is sent from email@example.com. Your ID is ready after completing these steps.
As a recipient customer, you can track shipments from various suppliers that are transported by Kaukokiito in one view.
You are able to make a new transport order by clicking the Order Transport link on the frontpage or in the menu.
If your company has several Kaukokiito products in use, the order portal will first ask which product you wish to use for the order. You can only select those products, to which your company has contract ids. From the “Further information” link, you are directed to the presentation page of the Kaukokiito Parcel product.
The order base can be saved on each page of the order. Then the information given up to the page in question is saved on the base.
Step 1 – Contact information
Information marked with an asterisk is mandatory.
- “Sender” information comes directly from the system. In the drop-down menu of the Name of company field, you can change the company/contract id. Only those companies are visible, to which you have access with your username. If you need to change the sender information, please contact Kaukoputki’s user support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact person is automatically the user whose username is used when logging in to the portal. That cannot be changed. The contact person’s information can be updated in the profile.
- In the Sender reference field, you may, for example, enter the reference provided in an invoice. The field is optional, max. 35 characters. The reference is found in a waybill (consignment note), a parcel label and an invoice (it is determined according to the freightpayer whether the reference in the invoice is that of a sender or a recipient).
- The contract id to be used can be chosen in the drop-down menu of the Contract id field if your company has several contracts. Only the product-specific contract id of the chosen company is available.
- The business ID and VAT registration are entered in the VAT-number field concerning transports to Åland. The business ID is to be entered in the form FI+code and VAT registration. The field may display an error message, but it does not prevent the making of an order.
- By the selection Use different pickup address, you can determine a collection address differing from the sender information.
- From the Freightpayer field, you choose the freightpayer for your shipment. The default is that the freightpayer is always the sender. If a recipient is selected as the freightpayer, the recipient’s contract id must be added to the recipient’s information (the field becomes visible after the selection has been made). Correspondingly, if a third party is selected to be the freightpayer, the freightpayer’s contract id must be added.
- The company name of the recipient is entered in the Name of company field. You may select the address in the drop-down menu opening at the arrow in the Name of company field or start writing text in the field, in which case the portal searches applicable addresses from the address book. Addresses may also be searched directly from the addressbook by clicking the addressbook button on the right-hand side of the field. If the address is not found, the address is written down in the field and the “Save new address” icon is clicked.
- The contact person of the recipient can be entered in the Contact person field, max. 40 characters.
- The telephone number of the contact person is entered in the Phone field, max. 20 characters.
- Fill in the recipient’s email address in the Email field. You can send the shipment’s tracking code to the recipient by selecting “Send tracking code to recipient”. The link is sent to the customer when the shipment is picked up.
- The address of the recipient is entered in the Street address field, max. 40 characters.
- The Street address 2 field is an optional field, max 40 characters.
- The receiving company’s post code and city are entered in the Post code and city fields. When you fill in one field, the other field is automatically supplemented based on the selection.
- The receiving company’s country code is chosen in the Country code field.
- Addressee reference, max. 35 characters. The reference is found in a waybill (consignment note), a parcel label and an invoice (it is determined according to the freightpayer whether the reference in the invoice is that of a sender or a recipient).
- The Recipient’s contract id is only shown and filled in if the recipient is the freightpayer.
- VAT-number, the business ID of the receiving company.
- In the Address type field, you choose whether the question is of a company or a private address.
- By clicking Use different delivery address, you can determine a delivery address differing from the recipient information.
Placing an order as a recipient
You can place a transport order as a recipient. You must fill in your company’s information in the recipient field. Your company will then be both the sender and recipient.
You must fill in a deviating pickup address by selecting “Use different pickup address”.
Step 2 – Parcel information
Product-specific requirements must be taken into account when filling in the parcel information.
- In the Quantity field, you enter how many similar parcels are in the shipment.
- In the Kaukokiito Parcel product, the total number of parcels in the order is max. 10.
- In other orders, the total number of parcels in the order is max. 99.
- In the drop-down menu of the Parcel type field, you choose what kind of a parcel is in question. You can only choose parcels based on the product.
- In the Content field, max. 200 characters. The content is printed out on a waybill (consignment note).
- The Marks text field is printed out on a waybill (consignment note) and a parcel label, max. 30 characters.
- The Length is given in centimetres according to one parcel, max. 1,350 cm. The longest side of a Kaukokiito Parcel product is max. 240 cm.
- The Width is given in centimetres according to one parcel, max. 260 cm.
- The Height is given in centimetres according to one parcel, max. 300 cm.
- The Volume is calculated to the order automatically according to the measures entered. The maximum volume of a Kaukokiito Parcel product is 0.3 m².
- You can add Loading metres by ticking “Not stackable” (not available for a Kaukokiito Parcel product).
- Kaukoputki calculates the loading metres automatically in the following cases: The “Not stackable” box has been ticked, Fin pallet weight is at least 462.5 kg, EUR pallet weight is at least 370 kg, TEHO pallet weight is at least 185 kg, TDG has been selected or the height is over 120 cm.
- The “Not stackable” selection is automatic if the height of a parcel row exceeds 120 cm or if a parcel row contains TDG rows.
- If “Not stackable” has been entered even in one parcel row, the information is printed out on the transport instructions.
- The weight of one individual parcel in the Kaukokiito Parcel product is max. 35 kg, the total weight of the shipment max. 100 kg.
- Other orders do not have a parcel-specific weight limit, but the weight limit of the entire delivery is 52,000 kg.
More parcels/rows can be added for the order by clicking the icon Add parcel.
The total measures of your shipment are provided under “Total” at the bottom of the page. Please note the maximum total weight of shipments: a parcel max. 100 kg, others max. 52,000 kg. Up-to-date product information is available on our website.
If your order contains hazardous materials, you must select “Transport of hazardous materials” and fill in more detailed information on an additional form (not available for the Kaukokiito Parcel product).
- Quantity – The smallest transport unit to be handled (e.g. a pallet, a box)
- Packing group – Select a substance packaging group from the drop-down menu if the substance has one.
- UN number – Four-digit number of the substance, zeros in front of the number must also be entered.
- Proper shipping name – Enter the official name of the hazardous substance in Finnish or Swedish.
- Technical name – For Not Otherwise Specified (N.O.S.) substances, the technical name must be provided.
- Primary hazard label – Select the label information from the drop-down menu.
- Labels 1, 2 and 3 – Select the label information from the drop-down menu if it is specified for the hazardous substance.
- Packaging type – Enter the type of packaging for the hazardous substance, such as a box, canister, barrel, intermediate bulk container (IBC) or pallet.
- Tunnel code
- Weight – The total weight of the hazardous substance in question, not the weight of an individual container in a box, for example. Please choose one to proceed in ordering: weight or litres of the dangerous goods.
- Volume – Total litres of the dangerous goods in question. Please choose one to proceed in ordering: weight or litres of the dangerous goods.
- Environmentally hazardous – If the parcel is labelled for hazardous substances, these labels must also appear on the transport order.
- Limited quantity (LQ) – If the hazardous substance is packed in small inner packaging permitted by law and the outer packaging does not exceed the maximum permissible weight, select “limited quantity” in the order section. In addition to this, only the Quantity, Packaging type, Net weight or AdrVol should be filled in, not the traditional hazardous substance label.
In the case of LQ shipments, it should be noted that the parcels must be marked only with labels
Step 3 – Other information
In step three, you choose the pick-up and delivery dates to your shipment as well as possible additional services. The transport instructions are also added at this stage.
- The default Pick-up date is the next possible pick-up date determined according to the timetable. Can be selected to be max. three months ahead.
- Delivery date – the first possible delivery date according to the timetable. Can be selected to be max. two weeks from the pick-up date.
- The Pick-up instructions text field is visible on a waybill (consignment note) and in Kaukokiito’s production, max. 60 characters.
- The Delivery instructions text field is visible on a waybill (consignment note) and in the production, max. 60 characters.
- The Transport instructions text field is visible on a waybill (consignment note) and in the production, max. 350 characters. N.B.! Only 60 characters are printed out on a parcel label!
- The fee-based additional services available for the product and in the post code area of the shipment are found in the drop-down menu of the Fee-based additional services. Information regarding a desired additional service must be entered in the transport instructions field. Call fee can be selected when the recipient’s phone number has been entered. The Kaukokiito Parcel product always includes the delivery indoors
Step 4 – Summary
All the information of your order is summarized on the “Summary” page:
- Sender, recipient, pick-up and delivery address
- Parcel information
- Additional services
- You can calculate the shipment’s price by clicking “Calculate price”.
The information on this page must be checked before sending the order, and you may edit the order if necessary. By clicking the “Send” button, you forward your order to Kaukokiito.
After sending the order, the last page of the order opens where you are thanked for your order and where links to printing a waybill (consignment note) and parcel labels in a PDF format are given. Only parcel labels are printed for the Kaukokiito Parcel products. Printouts can also be sent to e-mail via “Send documents” button.
The information on the order cannot be changed after the confirmation of the order. The order can only be cancelled and re-made in its entirety. The cancellation of the order is possible via the track and trace as long as the collection of the delivery has not been planned (the status of the order is “order received”). After that the “Cancel order” button disappears from view. See further information in section Track your shipment.
Track your shipment
Track your shipment
You can access the track your shipments either on the Kaukokiito frontpage or by clicking “Track” link in the menu.
The view is different depending on whether you have logged in or not.
Delivery tracking status
Shipment being picked up
Goods are shipping
Unloaded in terminal
Transport not completed
Track without logging in
You can track your shipment without logging in by using the basic search function and inputting your waybill number or parcel ID. You may search for any shipment, but only limited information is provided on the shipment for data protection reasons.
Without logging in, the search returns the following information:
- The post code and city of the collection and delivery addresses of the shipment.
- Pick-up and delivery dates
- Pickup and delivery dates are updated on the order as the transport progresses.
- Status of the shipment
Track when logged in
When shipments are tracked logged in, it must be taken into account that the search only finds those shipments where your company is either a sender, a recipient or a third party as the freightpayer. If you wish to search for such a delivery where the contract id of the company has not been used in any role, the search must be made without logging in. See section Track without logging in.
If you have logged in with a recipient ID, the tracking will show those shipments with your phone number in the recipient’s information.
You can track your shipment by using the basic search function and inputting your waybill number or parcel ID. The search always returns the entire delivery, in other words, even if you made the search with a parcel identification, the search does not show the status of an individual parcel but always the status of the entire shipment. In the track and trace, you can see a list of shipments in a chronological order from the newest to the oldest.
In the advanced search, you may use, for example, the order date, the contact id of the customer or the location as search criteria.
In the advanced search, it is sufficient that you only fill in those field, according to which you wish to limit the search. However, the following restrictions should be taken into account:
- The Contract field is only available after the selection of the Customer field has been made.
When using the Name field or any address field (street address, post code, city), the address type must first be selected so that the address is acknowledged in the search.
Use Tracking to check the shipment’s transport events and further details:
- Click Shipment details to check the shipment’s pickup and delivery address and freight payer.
- Movement actions show transport events in more detail.
- Parcel details include data of the shipment’s goods.
- Actions can be used to print the waybill and parcel label. The waybill and parcel label can be printed until the shipment has been delivered. After delivery, it’s possible to print a mobile acknowledgment. You can also cancel shipments in Actions.
You may cancel your shipment via the track and trace. The cancellation is possible as long as the delivery has the status Order received. The Cancel order button is removed when the status of the order changes After that the order may be cancelled by contacting our shipment inquiries, tel. +358 10 510 1300.
In a timetable search, you must always enter both the departure place and the destination. You can write in either the post code or the city in the fields. Based on the name of the city, the timetable search searches the post codes of the city in question, from which the number corresponding to the departure and destination places is to be selected.
The results of the timetable search show the post codes and cities of both the departure and the destination places, in addition to which the pick-up and delivery terminals are provided in brackets. A possible transfer processing fee is also mentioned in the results. The results show the next ten pick-up and delivery dates from the selected pick-up date.
You can access your addressbook via the addressbook icon found in the menu.
All addressed saved in the portal can be found in the addressbook. The addressbook is linked with the customer id and visible to all users of the said customer id.
You can save new addresses to the addressbook either directly clicking the "Add address" button or while making the order and supplementing the pick-up and delivery address information. If the address has changed later on or the entire recipient is removed, you can edit and remove addresses as well via the addressbook.
The addressbook has three buttons:
- By clicking the "Add addres"s button, you can add an address.
- By clicking the "Import CSV", you can add your own addressbook in the CSV format in its entirety.
- By clicking the "Download addressbook", you can download all addresses added on Kaukokiito’s website in the CSV format.
When you wish to add your entire addressbook in the CSV format to Kaukoputki, click always first the "Select file" button and search the CSV file from your computer. Select then "Customer", to which you wish to add the addresses found in the CSV file.
Clicking the "Preview" button, you can better perceive what information is possibly on what row. You can also receive the same information by opening the CSV file and calculating there the location of the columns. Mark the location of the column as a number on the correct field. You may also move the fields by dragging them with a mouse. Empty columns are also calculated as columns.
When you have placed all information correctly, you can click the "Send file" button. If you are sending a large CSV file, please wait patiently until the delivery is ready.
You can access the pricing service by clicking the “Pricing” icon in the menu. The pricing service is a service provided to subscribers.
Using pricing service
With the help of the pricing service, you can calculate the estimated price for the transport. The price given by the service is based on the freight grounds and contract terms provided. The final price is determined according to the realised freight grounds and the performed transport. The price calculator is indicative, in other words, the actual cost may deviate from the price given by the pricing. It is always recommended to fill in all fields to receive as realistic price as possible.
The following fields are available in the pricing service:
- The product to be used in the pricing is selected from the drop-down menu of the Product field.
- The contract to be used in the pricing is selected from the drop-down menu of the Contract field
- Sender post code and Sender city (the sender’s own information is the default information)
- Receiver post code and Receiver city
- Gross weight
- Max. 100 kg in a Parcel product
- Max. 52,000 kg in other products
- Loading metres
- Not available in the Kaukokiito Parcel service
- Volume (m3)
- Max. 0.3 m² in the Kaukokiito Parcel service
- When the length of the shipment is over 2.5 m, the calculator automatically adds a field payment and a long product charge.
- The number of parcels is entered in the Parcels field.
- Max. 10 in the Kaukokiito Parcel service
- Max. 99 in other orders.
- Parcel type
- Parcel types according to the product type are available.
- Pick-up from a terminal is selected when the recipient picks up the shipment from the delivery terminal.
- Delivered to a terminal is selected when the sender delivers the shipment to the pick-up terminal.
- Fee-based additional services for the shipment can be selected on the Additional services drop-down menu.
Even though all fields are not mandatory in the calculator, it is recommended to fill in at least the weight, the loading metres and the volume. Click at the end the "Calculate price" button after which the calculator calculates the freight costs.
You can review your profile information by clicking the "Profile" icon in the menu.
On the “Edit profile” page, you can change the username, e-mail, address and telephone number determined for the id. The username cannot be changed.
To change the password, you must first enter the old password and then twice the new password. The password must have at least 10 characters.
You can edit settings relating to the use of the site by clicking the “Settings” button:
- Waybill print copies: how many waybills (consignment notes) are printed out at once in connecting with printing. The default is four.
- Default parcel type: the default parcel type used in connection with orders. The default is a parcel.
- Default contract number: the default contract number used in connection with the order, if several contract numbers are in use.
- Parcel label print option: it is selected according to the printer used, whether the parcel labels are wished to be printed as A4 (2 parcel labels per A4) or by a label printer (thermal printer). The size of a parcel label in the settings of a thermal printer is 107 x 190 mm.
- Default parcel content: this text is the default content of all parcels added (useful if similar goods are sent often). Max. 30 characters.
- Default transport instructions: this text is added as default to the transport instructions of each transport. Max. 60 characters.
On the “Customerships” page, you can request access rights to a new customership based on a contract number or a business id by clicking the “Request for access rights” button. The access right request is shown to the Admin User of the customership in question on the Admin User page, where the Admin User can grant access to a person requesting it. The current access rights and access level of your own username are also available on the page.
Admin User management
Admin User management
Those persons who have Admin User rights can access the Admin User management by clicking the "Admin User" icon found in the menu. There they can manage other usernames of the same customership. Admin Users cannot create (sub)-user IDs. Each new user must register with Kaukoputki personally.
Features of the Admin User view:
- A list of all users of the customership in question
- Information on the latest log-in time
- If the column is empty, the username has not logged in even once
- A possibility to edit the access right level of the username
- A possibility to edit the information of the username
- The user’s name, e-mail address, address and telephone number can be edited
- The username cannot be changed
- No access rights
- The username has no access to the information of the customer in question on the portal
- This is the default status of new registered users, and the status must be changed either by the Admin User or the online services of Kaukokiito.
- Basic user
- Has access to the basic functions of the portal
- Admin User
- Otherwise same as a basic user, but in addition to that also the possibility to control other usernames’ access rights and information.
Access rights levels:
The main user can edit the access rights of other users in Kaukoputki. The main user can issue access rights to submit, track and price transport orders to users.
If the pricing button is not visible in the access rights levels, pricing is not activated for the customer account. In this case, please contact the Kaukoputki user support or the responsible sales person.
You can edit the user information by clicking the “Edit” button. In the drop-down menu of the “Access rights”, you can determine access rights to each contract. One username may have access to several different customerships, and their rights can differ from each other. In other words, a user may be the Admin User in one customership and a basic user in another. In that case, they only have access to the Admin User view of the other customership.